Parking meters are enforced Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. except for City holidays. City holidays include New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King’s birthday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
Citywide Parking Ordinance Enforcement
A staff position is assigned to the City’s Parking Division to enforce parking ordinances outside Dubuque’s downtown metered parking district. The position also assists with enforcement of the City’s snow route parking policy when it is activated.
This initiative does not replace parking enforcement efforts by the police department. Parking complaints should still be directed to the Dubuque Police Department at 563.589.4415.
Ordinances with Increased Enforcement
- Parking on the wrong side of a street (enforcement will focus on more heavily traveled streets, however, it will not be limited to those streets)
- Parking on a sidewalk
- Residential parking districts
- Parking in front of a public or private driveway
- Parking within five feet of a fire hydrant
- Fire lane violations
- Parking within 10 feet of a stop sign or traffic light
- Public safety parking violations
Fines from these violations range from $15 to $200.
Disabled Parking Compliance
Enforcement efforts will also focus on City-wide disabled parking compliance on both public and private properties.